APPLE BEET GINGER SALAD
- 2 bunches fresh beets, roasted and peeled
- 2 large honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored, and cut into bite-sized chunks (substitute gala, jonagold, golden delicious or granny smith)
- juice of ½ orange
- 2 Tbsp BIOTTA APPLE BEET GINGER juice
- ¼ tsp of each: coriander, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Roast beets at 375 for about 45 mins – 1 hour and then peel them
- Toss the apples in a little bit of olive oil in a cast iron skillet and pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes, to soften.
- Cut beets to about the same size as the apples.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the BIOTTA APPLE BEET GINGER JUICE, orange juice, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt and pepper. Add the olive oil gradually as you keep whisking. Set the dressing aside.
- When the apples are done, transfer them to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- When the apples are cooled, toss them with the beets in a medium sized bowl. Add the dressing and mix with a wooden spoon to combine. Add the scallions and mix to distribute them evenly.
- Serve immediately, or chill it to serve later. Either way it’s unexpectedly delicious.