Many Biotta juices are an excellent or a good source of Potassium. Potassium is often considered a vital health nutrient, due to its many health benefits. Consuming 4,000 mg of potassium or more per day can reduce incidence of all degenerative diseases including insulin resistance syndrome, hypertension, stroke, obesity and adult onset diabetes.
Biotta Beet, Breuss® Vegetable, Celery Root, Golden Beet and Heirloom Purple Carrot Juices are excellent sources of Potassium (containing 20% or more of the DV), while Apple Beet Ginger, Elderberry, Sauerkraut and Tart Cherry are good sources (containing 10-19% of the DV) of Potassium.
Stroke and Brain Function
Potassium plays an important role in maintaining normal brain function. Increased levels of potassium allow more oxygen to reach the brain, thereby stimulating neural activity and increasing cognitive function.
- With every 400mg of Potassium per day, odds of fatal stroke drop 40% (study)
- Potassium acts as a vasodilator, relaxing the blood vessels throughout the body, increasing free blood flow, and reducing the risk of clotting, which could in turn, cause a stroke.
Cardiovascular Health and Blood Pressure
Potassium intake is the most important dietary modification a person can make to reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease.
- High potassium diets are associated with a 20% decreased risk of dying from all causes
- Clinical studies show a high-potassium diet lowers blood pressure, and was credited with reduced deaths from cardiovascular disease.
- Potassium is helpful in maintaining normal blood pressure in the human body due to its vasodilating properties that work to relieve the tension of blood vessels, which is one of the main causes of high blood pressure. This further reduces the risk of heart disease and hypertension.
Muscle and bone maintenance
Potassium plays an important role in regular muscle contraction and relaxation. It maintains optimal muscle and nerve function, and helps to keep our reflexes fast because it stimulates the neural connectivity of muscles and the brain.
- Eating a high potassium diet strengthens the bones and the muscles, while promoting faster healing of injuries like cuts and bruises.
Electrolytes and Fluid Levels
Potassium serves as an electrolyte helping to regulate the level of fluids in the body and thus aiding in a number of critical body functions.
- Potassium is needed for maintenance of total body fluid volume, keeping electrolytes in balance and ensuring normal cell function
- Increased potassium intake can help treat nutrient deficiencies caused by digestive diseases and conditions like ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease, which prevent the body from absorbing certain essential nutrients from the intestines.